Thread: C30 Engine : - Rough idle when cold
View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2023, 11:18   #8
pphilpot
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I have a feeling it hasn't seen a volvo dealer about this problem and that someone has assumed it is the injectors and thrown some perfectly good injectors out and fitted some cheap ones and given up and passed it onto you.

This problem was cleared up around 2015 with a software update which added more effective self calibrating routines. Your dealer will have the relevant Technical Journal on this problem cold start and smoke and rough running. especially in colder weather. No one has better info than the dealer ... That's the most likely cause from my experience, one or two faulty glow plugs could cause similar symptoms but you would get a fault code logged sooner or later for that. Good luck.. 👍
So my local dealer says that there isn't an update available for my car, and that updates are only performed at services.

I phoned another dealer further away, and they said that there ARE updates available for my car, and one of them is for an ECM Diesel Update. The technician on the phone thinks it's the one that you are referring to 👍 At £100 inc VAT plus a required Diag @ £90 inc VAT it's not eye watering I just hope that I see a difference from it when I find a time to book it in!

Thanks again, Clan
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pphilpot For This Useful Post: