Thread: New 142
View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 06:57   #156
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 142 Guy View Post
Did you get the Yoshifab replacement 24-1 trigger wheel? If not, you definitely will want that. Did you purchase a new sensor or were you able to find one from a salvage yard? They are getting really pricey. When I did my MS2Extra install back in 2017 I purchased a brand new OEM sensor for a 1993 Hyundai Sonata for around $55 Cdn. That particular ship seems to have definitely set sail.

I don't know what the availability of salvage 140s is like in GB. If you could find a salvage 140 or 164 that was originally equipped with D jet, grabbing that linkage should offer a relatively easy solution to connecting up to your D jet manifold. Replacement cables are available. The ball joint in the mechanism may have worn; but, that should not present an issue for an enterprising individual. The linkage for my car is mounted on the right side of the firewall so it sort of looks like it should accommodate LHS or RHS with just a change of the actual pedal mechanism.

Does your 140 currently have the gas pedal that is hinged on the floor and presses on an L shaped piece of tubing? If so, all you might need is the D jet specific linkage that mounts on the firewall
Yes.

Been looking but stuff all about. Ah I've not seen a new 140 cable, will have a search.

I don't know is the problem, car is parked up for winter and don't want to move it until I have to. I have a few options worked out so just need to see how my pedal is mounted.