View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2023, 10:31   #7
eugeneville

Big thanks to all who have replied, I really appreciate it!

- Oil Dilution:
Pardon to link another forum but I've learned about the potential oil dilution problem on the T8 from the pages below:
https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/o...roblem.615483/
https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/t...lution.621779/

I also thought that this particular problem is only affecting diesel cars, hence the common understanding that diesel cars are better suited for longer and petrol ones for shorter trips. However reading the above links it seems that the oil dilution can occur regardless if the ICE isn't allowed to run to temperature and its regen cycle is ended prematurely.

- Relatively high mileage:
In terms of the mileage though, do you reckon as long as the car has been correctly serviced and is under Volvo warranty I should be fine.
The T8 R-Design Pro that I've put the deposit down on has 58K on the clock, is a one owner car with full Volvo service history.

- Staying on Pure electric mode:
Many thanks for confirming that the 2021 model does indeed drive as I've described and have seen in the video. I wonder if this update is exclusive to 21 plate and if there is anything "physical/hardware" that prevents this update from being applied to a late 19 plate that appears to have the same ERAD setup with an 11.6kWh battery? What does everyone this of this?

- Inspecting the car:
Does anyone think there is anything in particular that one should do when inspecting a T8 or an XC90 in general? Maybe there is a particular drive mode to try that would potentially show any issues with ERAD or drivetrain in general? Any advice at all with regards to inspecting a car would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have recently purchased an OBD2 scanner for a different matter and am wondering if the dealership is going to allow me to read the errors with the scanner or if it even makes sense

P.S. I've already purchased a vcheck for the car that I will go see this Friday and all seems well there, not sure what else I could double check...
eugeneville is offline   Reply With Quote