View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2023, 13:47   #2
womblemessiah

Hi Charles,

I think I've got a similar issue to yours,

I've had a code reader attached and got the code P228C - fuel pressure regulator 1, control limit exceeded, fuel pressure low

While driving, if I reach 2000-2500 rpm, the engine starts to hunt a little (as though it's lack of fuel), then a warning comes up on the dash relating to Engine performance low (I cant remember exactly, and would need to take it for another drive to be sure of the wording)

As soon as I take my foot off the accelerator, the problem disappears.

Volvo want £240 + Vat for a complete fuel rail, including the sensor - and it won't be available from sweden til March.

But like you, I've just found the rail is buried deep under the windscreen side of the engine, and am wondering which direction to take in getting to the sensor.

My Volvo is 2013 D2 1.6 (though a v60)

Dingbro say the sensor isn't available separately, I'm waiting for Euro Car parts to come back with an price and avail,

I've also chatted to a Volvo tech, and he reckons the fuel rail pressure sensor is what to try first.

But if that's the case, it looks like a lot of parts need removed before there's space to access the sensor.

I just wondered if you'd had any luck with yours, and if so, what components did you remove on your way in?

cheers,

Stu
womblemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote