View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2023, 10:53   #4
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5Terry View Post
So the sooner I can get the DRL feature disabled the better. Then I will replace the HID bulbs as they will have been on for quite a long time over the cars 54,000 mile life.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Although Im fully behind "24/7 lights on" camp, I totally get your point with HIDs and stupidity of DRL solution on our cars. As stated above, only proper way is dealership and paying big bucks for it (probably these days) once you win the battle of convincing them to do it.
Other obvious but stupid way is to put light swith in pos1 "parking" before starting the car and drive on parking lights during the day, but good luck remembering to switch them off every time you get out of the car.

on sidenote, 54miles is not much for (good) xenon bulbs, im getting close to 80K on my Osram CB D2S and those still going strong, no discoloration etc... But I do turn them on/off manually (DRL disabled) after the car starts so those dont flick around unnecessarily.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: