View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2022, 17:42   #1
rx6180
Part-timer

Default Front wheel toe-in measurement V40 CC

Does anyone have any figures for the front wheel toe-in measurement for my 2015 V40 D2 Cross Country? I have some basic tracking gauges I can use at home, at least to take a measurement.

A couple of years back when having back tyres fitted, Kwik-Fit offered me a free 4 wheel alignment check. They 'found' my left front wheel toe-ing in too much. However it seemed the guy doing it wanted to only adjust the one track rod on the left. I said that would put my steering wheel out (which is perfectly aligned on a straight road) and he said it wouldn't. I didn't agree with him and had him take the car off the ramp.

My front tyres are soon ready for replacement now, but I must admit the left tyre has worn more on the edge than in the centre. The right one shows similar but less pronounced outer edge wear. However I once owned a 1999 Mercedes C200 that wore the left outer tyre edge even with perfect tracking, due to the effect of steering against road camber, so the dealer said.

Since buying my Volvo with 16,000 miles on it 3.5 years ago (it has now covered 34,000 miles) the steering has never pulled and the steering wheel is perfectly aligned.
rx6180 is offline   Reply With Quote