View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2022, 10:44   #69
Volvocano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
For me, a 'premium ride' is much more about the quality of damping and that is why I went with the Polestar Engineered models due to the exquisite damping provided by the Ohlins dampers however, for most people (yourself included I imagine) the ride stiffness of the PE cars even in their softest setting would be far too stiff and jiggly a ride so again, its all very subjective. For note, I run my dampers at setting 4 of 22 the majority of the time, setting 1 is fully hard and 22 is fully soft.
What you class as a premium ride I would class as far to soft and squidgy and vice versa. As the old saying goes, you cant please everyone.
Yes you can't please everyone and the key is always in the damping like you say as good dampers are usually expensive - I like soft long travel springing with controlled damping. I don't like to feel the road and I'm not a slow plodding driver. Even on the track on two wheel I like soft suspension with good damping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
As far as the stiff throttle pedal goes on the new recharge models, that is for use during 'One Pedal Drive' to give a better control of the regenerative braking when coming to a stop or slowing down in town or in traffic. It works really well but if you dont have it selected then as you say, it just feels weird compared to standard throttle pedals. Most drives I never use the brake pedal at all, the system works that good and it brings the car to a full stop very successfully.
That maybe the reason but I still don't see why it's necessary - I drove my brother's BMW i3 with one pedal driving a few times, it had "normal" throttle resistance and lift off braking was perfectly controllable.
Volvocano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvocano For This Useful Post: