View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2022, 13:29   #165
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Don't forget that by going to a 225/45 I'll also gain a bit of sidewall height = greater ride comfort. Its marginal I know

I'm also not sure that a 205 wouldn't look a bit silly on deep dish wheels? They'll need something chunky to look the part - even if the car is only cooking 180bhp

There is also quite a difference in prices for the various sizes, and not in the way you'd expect. (I was surprised anyway). Comparing Goodyear Asymmetric 6 in each size from Camskill -

205/45x17: £110.80
215/45x17: £97.70
225/45x17: £82.40

Thats a £113 difference per set of 4 between the 205s and 225s.

I've been looking at these and the Michelin PS5 as I've decided to fit summer tyres on the Barzettas, and use a set of Adharas with winter tyres for when it gets cold/icy and there is salt about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with my Goodyear 4 Seasons tyres on the 850R, but if I'm changing the wheels over for the winter it makes sense to make the tyres more seasonally appropriate too. When the winter tyres on the Adharas wear away, I'll replace them with all season tyres.

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm sticking with the chunky 225 tyres on the Barzettas...

Talking of chunky, thats what my wife called me this morning as I'm wearing a big thick cardi like Hutch in Starsky & Hutch

Just before I go, I've just had an email re the import duty etc on the Barzettas - it comes to just over £200 which is what I was expecting. Thats the import duty and VAT. So they're being delivered on Friday Getting excited now!
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post: