View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 13:39   #3
dikidera

Thanks, this was very informative. So basically the reason modern LPG systems "work" is because they intercept the injector pulses and copy them. And these injector pulses are the result of the roughly 100 fuel maps in our ECUs.

But how then does the distributor work? It sprays the same fuel every time in all ports? (even if one cylinder is in the exhaust stroke?)

So after reading a bit more...its simply a bad system through and through. And even if I could switch to a distributor LPG, I would not get the mileage I want and will always be plagued by random faults. Basically as per your sticky, it is not a good idea to switch back and forth between CNG/Petrol as this could lead to poor fuel trims in a split moment?

And if I switch to aftermarket LPG system, the petrol button becomes redundant, and basically apart from RPM and Speed(km/h) I can never know my LPG fuel level on my dash AND have to have a separate button elsewhere. The CNG fuel gauge on my dashboard was at least very informative, has a lot of divisions to tell exactly how much fuel I have left, while most modern LPG systems have about 3 LEDs.

The whole conclusion here is to drive as-is or remove the system entirely.

Last edited by dikidera; Nov 24th, 2022 at 13:55.
dikidera is offline   Reply With Quote