View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 13:30   #10
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadorP View Post
I've never achieved nothing like 41mpg. Minimum I got was low 9s l/100km. Maybe even high 8s. 41mpg is like 7.9l. I wish.

Ddoes anyone on the forum have lpg converted cars?
I have an LPG converted car but it's not a Volvo, the fuel computer quoted 31mpg on a run and when i worked it out, it was nearer 34mpg on LPG - the fuel computer works it out on petrol.

I've since confirmed this with other fill-ups on it that the actual mpg on LPG is ~10% more than the fuel computer. Normally LPG would be higher consumption because it has a lower calorific value than petrol but it has a higher octane rating (~105) so once the engine is in its power band, the ignition is advanced until the engine pinks and then retarded slightly to make use of the higher octane rating.

Planning onconverting the 760 to LPG soon but can't find my old XP laptop to tune it! When i do, hopefully it will be done fairly quickly. Not expecting great mpg out of the gas on the 760 (18-30mpg expected) but at ~80-100p/L it's a lot cheaper than 180p/L for E5 98 octane unleaded!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote