View Single Post
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 09:55   #1
jenz82

Default I don't want to lose my xc90!

Hi everyone

I have lovingly owned my xc90 for just over 10 years now but the garage have said she is beyond economical repair mainly down to a corroded handbreak mechanism. I've had historic water ingress which they say has now caused too much damage but I now have the carpets out of the way and all that's visible is the handbrake damage. Could there be more lurking under the dash? They've said about corrosion to an electrical ecu, possibly abs, but where is it located to check? Are there any others I should check?

I'm reasonably good at fixing things on this car and putting in the new handbrake mechanism looks fairly straight forward.......but is it harder than it looks?? Rear brakes are apparently locked on, it drives with an intermittent squeal.

A number of other wear and tear things popped up as they checked over but they abandoned it part way through. Engine mounts being one. I know of 2 engine mounts, the top and vacuumed lower, is there another somewhere?

I'm wondering if im biting off more than I can chew in trying to fix this but I'm just not ready to let her go until I have exhausted all possibilities. Her engine and body is sound and a lovely car to own and drive. I just don't want to waste too much plugging a hole that keeps leaking.

Your advice is so much welcomed.
jenz82 is offline   Reply With Quote