View Single Post
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 09:54   #4
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by watto64 View Post
Cheers matey, i assumed you meant 11ltrs.

Should i wait until really low or get some fresh in to keep it active..
Indeed,

I'd run down to a quarter of a tank then top up with 5L fills myself, I'm not sure having it full up is beneficial as it has a short shelf life anyway and there's no risk of overfilling it then and potentially causing damage in the system.

It also got very expensive atm even though at one time it was dropping back in price, use a good brand one and not eBay special label stuff as you never know what you're getting with eBay vendors or how long its been sitting about in a huge drum they've decanted from, both ECP and Screwfix do Redex or GreenChem so both of these will be fresh and safe to put in, damp a rag and wring it out first then place it under the adblue filler as this will save your paintwork from splashes etc then once the cap is back on use another clean wet sponge/cloth to clean the general area being careful not to get any water in the fuel filler.

And remember it can take a few miles driving before it registers the top up on the dash so don't panic if it doesn't reset the range immediately.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post: