View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 12:53   #16
MRkSTL

Mine are 7 months and 3 years Both girls and the older one loves to "help me out", hence I don't want to start something that would usually take me couple of hours as I would do it whole day with her ;D

Btw. They have just sent me a visual health check with pictures and the ABS ring is broken. They advise to replace the whole driveshaft which is 779.40...I thought they will try to do that as it's profitable and probably easier to replace the whole driveshaft. They also found corroded fuel filter (£238.51), but I'm not sure if the price is not too high for that? I'm still waiting for a verdict on the transmission issue.

Edit: i called them and asked if they could replace the ring on its own. They obviously advised again to replace the whole driveshaft,but in the end told me that replacing the just the ring is still £354.84. I called different garage and got a quote £256 to replace the CV joint along with the ring (as they don't replace the ring only). They also quoted me £68 for the fuel filter replacement (against £238.51)... I could do the fuel filter with the other garage, but still £256 for the CV joint sounds more than I expected, but I might be wrong?

Last edited by MRkSTL; Oct 10th, 2022 at 13:57.
MRkSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MRkSTL For This Useful Post: