View Single Post
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 02:46   #1
JGEM

Default Destruction of value at car wreckers

Went yesterday to the car wrecker near my work to get a replacement rear wiper arm for my XC60.

When I originally saw the car from the road in passing about 2 months back it was stacked on top of another car and looked to be complete and in mint condition. When I dropped by for a snoop about a month later it was at ground level, and the interior was mint. It was a used XC60 T5 imported from Japan with a failed transmission (the infamous Ford Powershift)

When I went back yesterday I was shocked to find it had another car stacked on top of it (damaging the Thule roof racks) and that the tailgate window was smashed. (It looked like someone removing a suspension component from the car above had dropped something on it.). Now it's open to the weather I expect that it will deteriorate quickly, and that the days are numbered for the mint condition leather interior.

The older guy who served me at the yard shook his head and said that there were a few younger employees who were rough and careless, and that what had happened to the XC60 was now commonplace.
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JGEM For This Useful Post: