Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2022, 08:56   #3139
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I know Andrew: you are right, but I know myself well enough to predict what will happen next.

By the week after Xmas I'd have got a bit bored: I won't be able to find any more jobs to do on GAM and the RB will be happily re-living Dr Finlay's Casebook. I'll decide I need another project and start looking for bikes and cars. January will be an excellent time to buy a large, thirsty, un-trendy saloon car or a mid-life crisis motorcycle: many folk will be struggling to pay the gas and electricity bill whilst still keeping the Sky Sports subscription, the golf club membership and the tanning salon sessions. Someone will look out at that 1984 Volvo 740 GL saloon under the snow that seemed a good idea at £4,000 a few summers ago and decide to unload it. By then £900 in used notes from a tall a chap with a beard will seem like a really good idea.

Another lovely day in paradise...

:-)

I concur fully, on all counts. There’s some levelling up on the way , no doubt. The sixties and seventies Ferraris won’t feel it but the stuff you’re talking about definitely will.

Anyone with the money and the undercover space will be able to fill their boots , waiting for the good times to return, as , sometime , they will.

Kerching!🧐