View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 21:50   #1
Stroudy

Default V60 random flat battery and driver's door window malfunction

Hi all. This morning I went to start my 2014 V60 D4 r-design after being sat on the driveway for one week with no use. I use the car once or twice a week for a 200 mile round trip and it's always faultless. A while ago the start stop function became unavailable and occasionally it said low battery and the radio shut down when the ignition was on. There's never been a problem starting and I assumed this was something to do with the auxiliary battery.

This morning when I went to start the car in warm conditions it turned over a couple of times and then died. This hasn't happened before. I connected it up to my partner's 2016 V40 diesel and it was very difficult to jump start, even with all the connections correct between the two cars. I got some very strange electronic noises from the engine bay and the main dashboard display went a very bright red and then a bright blue colour with lots of lines through it as if a serious error occurred. The drivers door window then wouldn't go up automatically and now that I have got it going it will go down on auto setting but it won't go up on the auto setting, and as soon as it gets to the top it stops and automatically goes all the way back down again, but only about 95% of the way and won't go any further. You can make it go back up manually but you have to stop just before the top and then ease it into position click by click otherwise it automatically goes back down again.

After I finally successfully jump started it I took it on a 200 mile round trip, stopping halfway and then intermittently for errands on the way back and it started first time each time.

Does this sound like some kind of fault or maybe something damaged when I jump started it off of the diesel V40? Have tried to search the forum but can't find anything the same as this. Hoping potentially just a new battery will sort it, but if anybody knows any information based on this, or if this sounds familiar please let me know.

Thank you.
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote