Thread: Steering: - Scary XC60 Polestar
View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 05:05   #7
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heskuna View Post
Thanks for the prompt replies. Since buying the car last June I haven't seen another one so expected a wait! The car is not yet 2 years old so would be surprised if age is a problem. It has only done 23k miles. The tyres are Pirelli PZero's, the same as the factory fit versions.

I thought torque steer tended to pull one way but, as you say, camber may play a part. I had an MB E55 with similar performance and I always felt in control. Admittedly that was rear wheel drive. In this car it feels dangerous unless you take great care. It feels as if Volvo wouldn't be careless so something is not right. I assume they test their polestar versions. When I can find a tyre place that can track 22in wheels I'll get it checked out, just in case.

Kingmunky - every time it happens I vow not to do it again but....
I must add, and I appreciate this is personal to me perhaps (let’s see the comments that follow) that Pirelli tyres are far and away the least grippy I have used.

I have purchased cars with Pirelli in them, and I use them through their life and get Goodyear efficient grip (excellent), Dunlop SP sort, Avon, or now (2nd set) michelin cross climates.

I have also bought cars with budget tyres on them which are better than Pirelli.

Once up for renewal I would suggest looking elsewhere other than Pirelli which in my experience are overpriced poor performing tyres…
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: