View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2022, 21:47   #5
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Developments!

Old header tank had a level sensor up its bottom, but paralleling it to the screenwash sensor the warning light came on. It didn't rattle and the bottom of the header tank said there was no float in it. So I got a new header tank from Trust Motor Parts (was Braydons) and a new sensor just in case. managed to tip contents of old header tank into saucepan and re-fill the new one. Perfick! warning light off. Using the old sensor. Now I will need to run the screenwash dry as a test.

I decided to wash the old header tank out and keep it as spare. After some soaking bleaching and washing up liquid and shaking with rubber gloves it is less grubby - and lo! and behold! it rattles, so there IS a float in there. But I want to get it cleaner.

How to clean the rest of deposited **** out of the old header tank???? Jetwash will only do the cap end because there is a sort of baffle halfway along and the float too. How about Coca-cola? Then much rinsing. Or see if a plumber will let me have some DS9? Can of Holts radflush?
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post: