Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 12:27   #2913
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Good morning, Alan.

I have been following the discussion regarding the possibility of your selling the RB. I can see both sides of the argument and am not therefore about to offer advice one way or the other.

Having had the pleasure of meeting you (and GAM) at 'Patchings' last Sunday, when we touched upon the matter, I know you to be a realistic practical chap who is also - quite rightly - taking Dan's needs and preferences into consideration when arriving at your decision. That has to be yours and his alone, regardless of what any of us think.

Having said that, if you are serious about selling the RB, why not take it to the 'National' at Stratford next month? Displayed with a well-designed 'For Sale' notice, I am certain it would attract considerable interest within a captive, sympathetic audience. People there will know and appreciate cars like yours much more than the average eBay punter and their value. They are therefore much more likely to make a sensible, realistic offer if they are seriously interested in purchasing it.

I know that you are deliberating whether to attend, might this be a reason to do so?

Regards, John.

Edit: Just realised that the 'National' is next week, not next month as originally stated - doesn't time fly when you're having fun! J.
Many thanks John,

I'm still thinking about the BKV...

We were chatting about Morgan stopping production of the 3 wheeler - the one with the V twin air-cooled S&S motorcycle engine at the Patchings last week. There was a review on its replacement in today's newspaper:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/fea...elivers-drive/

... it has a 3 cylinder Ford Fiesta motor - and is highly rated.

:-)