View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 14:53   #23
Casa1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
That is the million dollar question. Maybe it gets more wear as the T8 constantly switches the engine off and on. Also the T8 has the 320bhp variant of the engine with a different head than some of the other variants which is maybe more susceptible to damage?

So perhaps it is just a T8 issue. Or maybe just an issue for me and a few other unlucky people related to a manufacturing or design fault which has been quietly fixed.

Or perhaps it is a SPA engine issue which is now only just coming to light as the engines get older. The engine has been out for about 7 years. Mine had done 135k miles when it failed so I would suggest it is one of the higher mileage ones out there.

I do know of one other similar failure very recently. Also a T8 and it had been run for longer than mine with the fault. The entire engine was swarfed up inside and written off. They had an aftermarket warranty (lucky for them).

I guess only time will tell, but seeing as our 4.5 year old V60 has the same engine I have just spent 600 quid on a 3 year aftermarket warranty as I don't want to pay for the same repair on both cars......
My S60 T8 is coming up to 3 years old and I'm thinking warranty as well. Any reason you decided aftermarket rather than Volvo? £600 for 3 years seems very good cheap, do you have any recommendations on warranty...or anyone else for that matter?
Casa1862 is offline   Reply With Quote