View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2022, 16:07   #10
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi,

Many thanks to all the contributors on this issue, most informative and some great tips that I am sure will no doubt be needed, I think from all this input, it is clear that first port of call is to do a proper full service, plugs I have are genuine Volvo and rotor arm is I believe pattern, both from Brookhouse.

I think a few evenings of trawling the FAQ section on all these topics are in order whilst the bits get here.

Will need to source leads and distributor cap, and will see what I can find, PFV have Genuine Volvo cap, but genuine leads are, as you guys have mentioned, no longer available. Will check out Rockauto.

Fuel I usually use is I'm afraid E10, and I normally fill up at our local Co Op, Tescos at a push, and if I'm passing a Shell, I do occasionally put in the higher grade, albeit more pricey.

Stupid question perhaps, if I order HT lead set, do these normally come with a new coil to cap lead as well? If not, should this be replaced as well??

Would appreciate some further guidance from your experience in ordering parts.

Need to get HT lead set, and distributor cap, FCP Euro in US do apparently have Bougicord leads at around $50 or genuine Volvo at $90?? don't think USA got the 2.0 Turbo, is there any difference and would either of these fit?? What cap is best?? looks to be quite a difference in price from around £20 for pattern from PFV up to FCP Euro at $80 for Bosch or $120 for Genuine Volvo.

Obviously a bit wary of ordering from US as to igettong the right ones, also duty and post to consider.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/...&b=6&d=42&v=11

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: