View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2022, 08:27   #12
volvohp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Very often the 283mm discs are listed 280mm "nominal size" because the pads don't go to the very edge of the disc - might be worth investigating a bit more.

Also Lakes, good though they are, are a breakers yard so you're unlikely to find new discs there. That said, they do sell some new parts.

You really need to be sure of all measurements before pulling the trigger on any discs as they are heavy and expensive to send back if they're wrong.

Have you looked closely to see if there is an original part number on your present discs? Also it's unlikely that 850 discs would be right, the 850 is FWD and as far as i'm aware, the V90 (or at least the early ones) were essentially facelifted 960s and RWD.

I'll try to check the measurements on my old discs tomorrow (weather permitting) as if memory serves, they were called 280mm but are in fact 283mm.

Thanks for the info.

Yes we have tried 280mm discs. Unfortunately they were too small and didn't cover the carrier enough so the pads were not fully contacting the disc.

Yes they do have an original volvo part number stamped on them. Spoke to volvo norwich and they provided the superceded disc but unfortunately they are different, too low. Volvo uk offered various possibilities so volvo norwich ordered them all in but none were compatible.

The latest disc I have is for an 850. Tried it yesterday but it is not high enough at the front (only 27mm but need 35mm as per image). Everything else was perfect, just the height. This meant it would not sit all the way back. The carrier would not fit and you could see almost a quarter of the brake shoes.

Will be taking it back to motor parts direct on Monday

Yes please if you can check, I can feed that back to volvo and see what they say.
volvohp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvohp For This Useful Post: