View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 21:10   #4
tonyldee

Default Japanese import

Wow! you really made it sound like hard work. Two years ago I bought a 2006 plate Ocean Race V70 from a company in Bradford. In Mint condition, the engine bay was immaculate as was the interior. 65K kilometres on the clock. All I had to do was pay for the 6 months road tax on top of the purchase price once the paperwork came from the DVLC with a UK plate provided by the dealer along with a full MoT, service and a new battery.
Other members will give advice on tyre changes to UK spec.- I agree the Michelins are hard- I changed mine at leisure. The dash isn't a problem, learn the conversions for the main speed limits or invest in a cheap HUD unit- mine lines up with my dashcam and can be very useful in the event of an accident.
You will also learn that the Japanese do not use salt on their roads so there is no underseal on these vehicles. Mine is totally rust free after 16 years and at the last MoT the dealer who, when booking the car in' said "well it is an old car" then changed his tune on the test day to " it's like new". Say no more! Good luck with your purchase. Enjoy!
tonyldee is offline   Reply With Quote