Thread: S40: - Advice please
View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 14:25   #6
magnuz
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
If all it's failed on is the seat and brake pipe I'd fix it/have it fixed.At worst a second hand seat should be available from someone breaking such a car or a breakers yard for not a lot of money.As for the brake pipe I'd replace the whole pipe as there's no way without dropping the tank of telling the state of the pipe above the tank and I believe[although don't quote me on this]that a new length of pipe can be routed around the tank rather than the expense of dropping the tank.
Yes.. the brake pipe can be routed around the front of the fuel tank.I did this on mine, there is even unused threaded holes, that can be used to fix a bracket to support the pipe. The mot tester commented that it's now in a better place, as the pipe is now in clear sight for inspection purposes.
As for the seat problem.... i'm wondering if it's the SEAT BELT webbing that is being referred to ? as it's attached to the seat, but can be replaced separately ! As mentioned.. volvo seats are very well made & rarely fail ?
magnuz is offline   Reply With Quote