Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2022, 10:46   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
My note above (about a week ago) says it changed hands for £4,300 Dave, I'm not sure whether that was just from memory or whether I bothered to look it up though. If that was the case the dealer is standing on a substantial loss after hawking the motor car around for 4 months.

This motor car is a bit hard to value because the potential market is so small. If I compare it to the RB then I think it has to be worth a bit less (LHD, non-original motor, needs some welding and plenty of redecoration), so if the RB is at about £5,000 that puts is somewhere around 4 grand I should think. The acid test of value for most things is the public auction, and the eBay market has spoken: it is only worth £3,500 (and that may have included a bit of shill bidding).

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for the dealer selling the motor car, he/she has been caught out profiteering.

:-)
I remember it was somewhere around the £4k mark that he bought the car at from somewhere near Kings Lynn so you're probably correct at £4300, both our figures are £4k +/- 10% so not worth digging too deep when he's trying to sell it for ~50% mark-up.
As the market has calmed now, i think he's caught a cold with it and like Andrew said, he's gambled and lost - just another day at the office for a car trader really.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: