Thread: S60 Brakes: - Brake problems
View Single Post
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 20:21   #16
Michaelvd1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnj View Post
You say you changed the brake fluid; any chance you got air in the ABS valves control? I believe you can actuate the ABS valves whilst brake bleeding with an appropriate Scanner /VidaDice??.
Alternatively find a clear open space where you can't do no harm to yourself or anyone or anything else and brake hard to actuate the ABS. This should expel any air that might be trapped. Just a suggestion!
One other thing I discovered recently when replacing all the flexible hoses on my S60, although they were Volvo OE the outer rear pads on each side weren't running easily in the slots in the carriers; they seemed to be about 1mm too long compared to the inner pads ( ie the ones with the clip that goes into the piston. I'd suspected something was amiss as the rear disks (rotors) weren't all bright and shiny, even though they passed the Mot (annual safety check). I didn't have any pulsing or other feedback through the brakes or the car but wouldn't expect much as most of the braking effort is on the fronts. However, I could imagine some strange effects if something similar was happening on the fronts.
I will try the hard braking to see what happens! I have been very cautious not to get air in the system while I was flushing the brake fluid but maybe I did something wrong and air somehow got trapped in the system. I'll check out my front pads again too, I have to open everything up again on the front anyways since I unfortunately damaged a driveshaft seal while doing the suspension work which is causing a tiny amount of gear oil to leak out..
Michaelvd1234 is offline   Reply With Quote