View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 20:31   #1
samandjen

Default Popping noise help us please haha :)

Hi

New member here and hello from us both 👍🍻 we both really would love some help. I we have never had a turbo diesel before.

On Saturday we collected an xc90 R-Design on a 11 plate with 63k full service history at Volvo.

Upon spending some time familiarising myself with the car today further I took the filler cap off and heard THE popping noise . I’ve been on YouTube and forums all day trying to diagnose it and came across sirrobb. He explains it’s vacuum related which makes total sense. However if it’s engine mounts , vacuum pipes, or vacuum pump is this causing any damage to the car ? There seems to be slight crankcase pressure at the cap. It didn’t suck much revving but I’ve no real idea if that means much. I put a glove over the cap and it pointed up but didn’t swell up hard.

Could someone with a real clue advise us if we should be driving the car like this?

I want this to last us a long time for the children and ourselves on long trips away down south. The car feels perfect to drive, no fault lights or warnings clunks or bangs, Pulls well, “no messages” on the dtc hidden menu ending ... but yet Some dtcs stored but no warning lights on dash. But the ones that show as set are all interiors and door related. There is one set from ecm. Scanned with a scanner (expensive one like a bloody giant iPad from my mates garage)

Only showed a swirl flap log so cleared and waiting to see if it comes back as there is no warning light. Checking again Thursday.

So two questions really , do these dtcs store in the menu from some previous faults fixed if they are not cleared by the garage ?

And question re the popping. Placing my finger over the sensor tip on the airbox above the t piece didn’t make the noise stop: I don’t think it will be mounts as it looks too clean underneath really. But will learn more on a ramp Thursday.

So I’m left with checking vacuum pump brake booster assembly if it’s not mount related if I’m correct ?

We like cars as close to faultless as we can so this is going to bug the pair of until it’s all fixed.

All the best to everyone here.

Sam and Jenni x
samandjen is offline   Reply With Quote