View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2022, 09:07   #84
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

To be fair Alan, anything sub-10s for the 1/4 mile is fast, whether it's a Tesla off the production line or a modified 240 with a turbo LS1 Chevy V8 under the bonnet. Also sub-10s is a bit academic whether it's 9.1, 9.4 or 9.9 as a slightly dodgy start could easily lose half a second or more or a better than average start could gain just as much. Just to get in that ball park needs a lot of power, torque and grip.

As for your idea of selling your Porsche and Skoda and replacing with a Tesla, Elon Musk is waving the order form as we speak! Given the current market you'll probably get more than you expect for the Porsche and possible for the Skoda too.

This other project you've hinted at a couple of times now wouldn't happen to be a 262C would it? I suspect Dan would see that as cool given the standard roof chop and slight "gangsta" overtones of the Bertone body.

I do have a couple of other thoughts on what it might be, among them a P1800, PV544 or another 244 similar but different to the RB. There is one more possible but i don't think that's as likely as the ones i've mentioned so far.

Something in the back of my mind says BEVs aren't great for towing, worth double-checking before signing over the cost of a house in some parts of the country for a Tesla!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: