View Single Post
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 14:16   #2
LiamM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteo1 View Post
Hi

Wondering if someone may have any suggestions on this. Have a 2006 XC90 2.4D5 which I went to start a couple of mornings ago and the DSTC orange warning light started flashing as soon as I pulled away. This has cut all power and is now permanantly on. This is now accompanied by messages showing:
Spin Control Off
Anti Skid Off

When I say no power there is literally nothing maybe 2-3mph flat out! Although still goes pretty quick in reverse - maybe not the best temporary solution.

Unfortunately living in the sticks my local garage is about 30 minutes out which on current speed would take me about 3 days to get there!

Found a similar post on this forum where people have linked this to first stages of battery failure but have done a quick test across the terminals and getting 12.4 which I believe should not be low enough to cause any issues.

If anyone has any ideas that I can attempt to do a bit of trial and error fault finding - even temporary fix just to get me to garage. I am also looking into OBD scanners to assist if anyone could recommend one that would be suitable for this type of issue (assume ABS compatable needed?).

Many thanks for any help.
I had similar, not sure about reverse working as I didn’t try, but it turned out to be damaged wiring to two injectors. Took ages to figure out as the code scanner didn’t pick it up right.
Getting a proper (well it was a copy) volvo Vida/dice scanner proved to be invaluable.
LiamM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LiamM For This Useful Post: