Thread: General: - Is it worth fixing?
View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2021, 22:33   #8
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

My 2009 MY R Design was £49,000 when I bought it in November 2008, albeit I'd waved the options stick at it for premium sound, nav, comms and family packs.

The exec started at about £48,000 without any options for the D5 and about 55 gees for the V8.

But price nitpicking aside I agree totally. Big expensive cars don't get cheaper to maintain just because they've got old. If you can't stomach big, complex, expensive bills the big, complex, expensive cars, aren't for you.

The fact that so much needs doing at once is indicative of a car that hasn't been maintained properly, probably owned by someone who couldn't afford to maintain it as such a car requires. Had it been maintained well these issues would gave been addressed as they cropped up rather than being left to fester until there were so many.

I'd be inclined to cut my losses, take it back, and find one in better order. Mine is about the same age with 10k less miles and is near perfect, no leaks, no worn shocks, no tired bushes, no ICE cutting out, which suggests that yours has had a bit of a hard time to be in that state when other of comparable age and mileage are so much tighter.

Last edited by Familyman 90; Nov 27th, 2021 at 22:38.
Familyman 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Familyman 90 For This Useful Post: