Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 13:31   #1339
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Thanks Alan, explains why i couldn't find it on the bay! I'd forgotten how rough it was to be honest, that boot floor is rotten where it joins the chassis from the look of things which in turn suggests the chassis is as roten as a 9-day old curry.

It will be a labour of love for anybody unless they have a near-pristine 244 (in the same colour would be a bonus) that's had a front end shunt and they can cut off the repair panels for the back end or use the front end panels from this to revive their crunched 240.

I'd also forgotten it's a DL model so more or less entry level, while they hold some appeal to some drivers, entry level models aren't usually the sought-after examples that command a premium even when non-runners.
On the upside that also means less to fix (eg reluctant electric widows) so has some benefits but the interior isn't exactly immaculate and not commensurate with fair wear and tear even at 41 years old.

For what he's asking, you could pick up an MoT'd runner with fewer cosmetic challenges and a sound body. As it stands, it's either a spares mule or a very brave (and expensive) restoration with no hope of a profit anywhere down the line, probably not even break even so the restorer would have to be certain they'd want it for another 40 years to make it worth their while.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: