Thread: 0W30 or 5W30
View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 12:57   #186
darroch

[QUOTE=lynns hubby;2787178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darroch View Post
Yip. Why put an oil in that is good for 18k when you change at 7k.
10 litres of Mobil 3000 for £56 delivered. It will do a Jazz and a d5 oil change. I have never bought a Genuine oil filter for any car either. Fleetgaurd( cummins) Purflux and Mann all my days on over 40 vehicles.

I have just changed the oil on my 2006 D5 and bought a genuine oil service kit from a Volvo dealer (from Ebay) and that was around £56 delivered.
I can go 18000 miles (if I choose to) so that works out more economical than £56 for 10 Ltrs of mobil 3000 and changing at 7000 miles so why not just shop around and buy the correct stuff in the first place????
I am not questioning the views of any one on here, just pointing out that Genuine ( yes i know volvo dont manufacture oil ) is not necessarily that far from the price of other alternatives and at least I know I have put in what volvo (hopefully) would have put in if they serviced it for me.
Yip point taken and I had done those maths at those deals you got. You can't do 18k though........less you do it in 1 year. I won't do that and I don't believe that it is any good to keep any oil in for 18k without special filtration or oil analysis. This is what seems to be doing a lot of engines in, with all different manufacturers.
darroch is offline   Reply With Quote