Thread: Amazon: - Advice on rebuild
View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 15:24   #30
Dave 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
If you can get it to the Swale show by 2025 I will buy you a pint. Mind you, I have to hope that I'm still around then! Seriously, it might have a place in your heart but you are starting from scratch in two different ways. Unless you are quick learner and you can mange to weld to a decent standard virtually straight away you will, after a couple years of practice look back at your early efforts and may want to tackle them again. Do the hidden parts first, one step at a time. You're also starting with a car which is going to offer you a challenge where ever you focus you attention. Be prepared to spend a few hundred pounds before you start, on sheet metal tools. A shrinker/stretcher should be in you budget IMO along with the simple stuff. Don't compromise on the welder. Budget will always be budget and you need one that helps you rather than hinders.
I'm sure we will be hearing more from you. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Hello Derek,
I hope you don`t mind me asking your advice.
Having taken the decision to sell my Amazon project car I have got round to sorting the remaining parts I have & the main one is an overdrive gearbox that the previous owner had attached a label that reads:

v/good o/drive gearbox
Ex 303DPX Ruddspeed

Could you give me some idea of what you think would be a fair price to ask for it, I`ve never been a wheeler dealer & you seem like a knowledgeable decent man to ask.
Cheers
Dave
Dave 61 is offline   Reply With Quote