View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 21:40   #14
volvo always
Premier Member

Nearly 2 years ago I was looking for another car as my 2006 Lexus IS 220D was scrapped as head gasket went.

Looked at a few cars. Wanted petrol as don't do the miles, around 8k a year. Went to Kia and had no used petrol Automatics. Thought about a Skoda Octavia but only get SE spec for budget.

Looked at Used Toyota from main dealer, Saw a hatchback Auris Hybrid, thought too small. Took it for a drive and liked it and decided to buy an estate TS version. Had none in stock so bought a slightly older one with less miles and had it delivered to dealer from Basingstoke, with £500 deposit. It was the colour that I liked. Nothing fancy basic Icon plus spec. A few days later, test drove it, they put 12 months MOT on and it looked lovely. Also bought a service plan for 3 years and an extra 2 year warranty.

My Grandparents lived in Birmingham and this was to enable me to drive to visit them through the zone. They have now moved near me so I can care for them. I like the Hybrid drivetrain, it's economical and zero road tax as pre April 2017.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote