View Single Post
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 12:44   #38
TonyS9
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofufi View Post
I'm not aware of any way in which the emissions data shown on the V5C can be altered.

I did read a while ago about it not being possible to change the fuel type shown on the V5C to 'electric' from conventional fuel types - as the DVLA just don't have a system in place to recognise that sort of conversion.

The place to start would be to contact the DVSA and ask if there is a route to changing the vehicle fuel type or emissions values shown on the V5C.

Without the change being recognised, there's no benefit in terms of being allowed into ULEZ areas etc
The V5C is a good source for information, however my Dec 1996 N.Ireland V5C does not include any emissions data atall. It may that it wasn't required to be declared then and you only had to meet the limits.

I assumed this is a certification issue, but yes you may need to entirely register a new type of vehicle. Are kit cars now excluded from the ULEZ (unless a Euro 4+ Engine + emission control is used). Maybe thats another option..to swap out the engine for a euro 4 engine?

If a mfr can do it, with enough money someone else can do it. You could maybe enter/register a new model, or just add the certificate if you can pay for it, but as I've said such things can be very expensive and usually not worthwhile. It will be cheaper to just pay the fee, even if there are no mods to make.

You also might run into trouble if you have to completely certify the car and meet all new regulations such as stability control (ESC or whatever it is).

Last edited by TonyS9; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 12:47.
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyS9 For This Useful Post: