View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 17:33   #1
lnparry

Default BEWARE - stolen cat!

Hi,

Came home from a night's babysitting in Essex last night to find the cat has been removed from my '97, 940 LPT. A neighbor has it on video - took about 2 mins.

The low-life made a right mess of it too, just clean cut through the pipe either side of cat and pulled the front off the mid box. They also lifted the car with some kind of long ratchet jack under the front wing and dented that. If only I had been home - parked on the drive right in front of our front room window, couldn't have been nearer the house.

I never imagined the old bus would be a target. So, a warning to you all - please watch out for your cars. I would hate it to happen to anyone else especially another classic.

I'm too hacked off at the moment to think about if this is repairable and what I might need but would welcome suggestions on the way forward. Suspect this will be the end of a decent car.

Don't even know if cats are available and if I would need a new downpipe from the manifold / turbo to connect a new cat into the system? What is left of the downpipe is just a clean cut pipe. Need the rest of the exhaust system now too.

Would the cat have had a lambda sensor? Can't see any trace of one on what is left.

Amazingly the car still starts (sounds pretty throaty!) and with no warning lights too.

Where do I go now?

Cheers,
LeeP
lnparry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lnparry For This Useful Post: