Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj - Purge check valve needed
View Single Post
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 11:56   #35
sdg1970
Master Member

When I found the split throttle body hose, I just bit the bullet and put D088 stuff on all air/vac/water areas. Whilst most hoses seemed ok in terms of leaks, they were old, crusty and likely original. Some were squishy and crumpling.

You say the previous owner changed the turbo core. I almost did similar when I was getting smoky starts and clouds of smoke going downhill when letting off the accelerator. I was also getting loads of codes of varying types and was ready to throw the car in the scrappie, rather than spend money on turbos, valve stem oil seals etc. Then somebody suggested changing the temperature sensor, along with the purge valves. At that time I was also getting boost issues too. The coolant temp sensor swap, purge valves and lines, along with a thermostat and pre-cat lambda sensor change sorted that issue. I kid you not. Quite how, I don't know, but it did.

Keep us informed anyway. I'll help all I can, but at present can't really say much more. Defo recheck those boost hoses though!
sdg1970 is offline   Reply With Quote