View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 11:48   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberfr0g View Post
I have been down this dark road, my advice to you is don't bother. you will waste money and effort. I read many articles and thought I would try for myself, after all what do the internet people know
I tried several makes of LED bulb, including the eyewateringly expensive philips bulbs, each time thinking the next one will be better......
They look lovely and white, sadly they do not light up the road so you can actually see properly. they just don't have the length of beam and have dark spots.
The best halogens you will get are the philips/osram uprated bulbs(I prefer Philips RacingVision GT200 Car Headlight Bulbs H7 (Twin) *NEW 2020* 12972RGT200)
there is no substitute for the volvo ABL HID's with decent bulbs(made sure to get a car with these last time!)
LED retrofit are also not road legal and as a result may fail an annual test at best at worst if you are involved in an accident and the other party says they were dazzled, your insurance may be invalid.

100% agree with you been there done that . They have been illegal since earlier in the year and will fail MOT as well and give random beam patterns .