View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2021, 20:01   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyg View Post
I should have explained I've already cleared the front drains and had several goes at refurbing the old seal with silicone spray, this was after a good clean with a toothbrush (kids thought I'd lost the plot) - I can't see that seal coming back together if I'm honest and it does sag a bit at the rear (oo-er)

The leak is now "different" including the "shower" I had last week - never had this before! I cannot see the rear drain holes at all let alone push anything down them. Used airline easily on the fronts and they flow freely.

The whole chassis of this car seems to hold a lot of water, noticeable after any heavy rain. I found a blocked bung on one side under the rear, in my enthusiasm I pulled it out whilst still under the car and got a mucky wash....
Silicone spray will clean the seal and a toothbrush or nail brush and silicone spray is the best way to clean the seal.

However, to revitalise the seal, it needs silicone grease.

As for the heated seat switch, they do come apart easily enough.

Some pics i took when i replaced the wire ended bulb with a 3mm red LED and resistor - hopefully you can see how the switch is dismantled from there.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: