Thread: V50 Electrics : - DIM not working in dash panel
View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2021, 15:10   #1
Sean1983

Default DIM not working in dash panel

hello, i wonder if anyone can help, i have a 2008 V50 2.0D and my information display in my dash (DIM) is not working, i don't get any messages come up at all, the rest of the panel works as it should. i initially thought that i have a faulty dash panel so i looked into getting it repaired, but decided to buy a 2nd hand instrument panel instead, well this 2nd hand panel DIM also doesn't work, it would be very strange that i got 2 panels with the same fault. so i'm thinking i've got a underlining issue. i don't have a wiring diagram but the panel only has 5 wires to it. i'm going to guess one is for the feed and another one for the earth/ground both must work as the panel does work. Another two wires are going to be the can bus circuit which again must be o.k as the rev/speedo, temp gauge all work too. i'm not sure what the 5th wire does. I've checked the CEM module under the glovebox for any visual issue but unable to see a fault. Has anyone else ever had this problem? or if anyone can give me a way forward that would be great.

cheers
Sean1983 is offline   Reply With Quote