View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 15:51   #193
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishCarFan View Post
Hello all, new member here, just purchased a 2012 V60 2.0 D3 163bhp model and had an oil level issue. Please excuse the rambling...
Bought the (recently serviced) car a few weeks ago and had an intermittent warning message appear "Engine system service required", quick look on YT to figure out how to interpret this and code 097 shows.
Likely to be too much oil added after a service it said - very probable me thinks.
Upshot is I purchased/fitted a Technician dipstick to check oil level... it was about a 1/4 full level and then checked the dashboard oil level and it's half full (2 bars)
Car has been driven over 100 miles since I removed the oil. (removed before I bought the dipstick) I will monitor and carry a bottle in case of low level warnings.
Question - do I need to go to dealer to 'calibrate' the dash oil level against the physical dipstick ?
Seems mad to have two different readings. Never experienced this in car DIY for over 30yrs.
Cheers guys !
I assume you have the 5 cylinder engine ....
you need 0W/30 oil A5/B5 specification

drain the oil and filter . Put back in just eactly 5.7 litres , then the gauge needs calibrating with the dealer VIDA equipment ..

The Mechanical dipstick l will be about 60% up the XXXXXX scale so that will be the correct normal position ..