Thread: D5 (2005 on) - D5244Txx interchangeability
View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 21:08   #7
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Don't want to appear to be disagreeing but in the p3 v70 there are some hidden differences between the manual and auto engines.. man = 215 bhp & 420 torques...in auto trim have 440 torques...why the difference ???
If all of the physical properties are the same, stroke, compression ratio etc., different bhp and torque could easily be a result of a different engine map.
Volvo have history in producing the same physical lump but it being a different engine version as a result of software. P2 Euro 4 163 and 185 for example are the same engine. There are more examples and it's not a unique practice with just Volvo.

It's easy to market "more powerful" versions and generate more money when all you're doing is using the same engine but programming the ECM with different data.

Quote:
Is the T10 an auto engine only...hence no manual option..Iirc the T15 is manual only..I could be wrong
You have to go through individual models and geographical variants in Vida to see what engine gearbox combination is available.
Some D5s have auto and manual versions on some models but manual or auto only on other models.

Quote:
100% agree getting new engine bits talking together could be problems.. one suggestion only use doner metal bits...swap over all sensors/ modules from old engine??
I suppose you could migrate everything but that would present issues with stored mileages and other module serial numbers in the CEM. Unless you want to transfer every module to avoid discrepancies which is just not feasible in my eyes.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post: