View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 15:40   #520
TomSaintJames

A hearse update! Hurrah! It has been quite some time, so much so that I forgot about the potentially torn rubber dust covers and slider greasing... Not that it matters terribly much, the passenger side disc had a small wear lip on on that I don't remember on the drivers side - the discs may need replacing soonish and the calipers all need bleeding before we go for MOT - so that will be a good opportunity to look at the sliders and gaitors, and have the ABS ring off the drivers side. The pads all have lots of meat.

Today I popped the new wheel studs on the passenger side, I went full tilt with the angle grinder and had the ABS ring off of the hub, it needed some persuasion with a big screwdriver as I couldn't make a cut all the way through the ring without damaging the hub or strut tower base stuff. Of course 10 minutes into the work it started raining...

Looks naked without anything on here! Getting the caliper bolts off was a struggle, I remember the other side being the same - quite rightly so the bolts were on ****** tight!

All back on with one of the cut studs as a little perspective piece, they don't sit that far back of course.

I torqued all the bolts up to 130NM as the internet suggests, this didn't feel very tight so I gave each an extra 1/2 a turn with my long breaker bar, I did it both sides as I can't remember what I did on the drivers side waaaay back.

I'm off tomorrow aswell and I hope to take the penta head to the machine shop for welding and skimming/cleaning etc, they said just to drop it in when I rang ages ago but it is a little way to go, so I think it prudent to check.

Whilst I still have a target of attending the Swedish Day at our local Haselbury Mill on 3rd October there is an added time pressure, we have been looking into quotes to get the driveway sorted. The current favourite is exposed aggregate concrete, so I do need to get diddling at get the Hearse at least driveable so it can be moved!
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Last edited by TomSaintJames; Aug 12th, 2021 at 15:43.
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: