View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2021, 12:08   #23
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
I told you was confusing. Spent yesterday evening watching YouTube videos and trawling the net for reviews. So many conflicting opinions. The D4 is the one to get, There is not much to choose between the D3,D4 and D5 etc etc. Only point most agree on is no to the D2.
Hence picking you guys brains as nothing beats ownership to form an opinion.,
If you’re looking on AutoTrader, click on the advert of the car you want to have a look at & then just underneath you’ll see “Specification”, click that & then click on “Performance”. Then you’ll be able to see the number of cylinders the car has. If its a 4 cylinder, that’s the newer VEA engine (four cylinder). The true 5 cylinder ones will say 5 cylinder under “performance”.

Another way to tell is the four cylinder cars are 2.0 litre. The five cylinder are 2.4 litre.

My opinion would be get a five cylinder version. They would be more expensive on fuel & dearer to tax than a four cylinder, but the five cylinder is a proven fantastic engine.

I’m not saying the four cylinder ones aren’t good, but there’s plenty of issues with regards to oil consumption on other models with the same four cylinder engines. Volvo done recalls on these.

Last edited by Kev0607; Aug 1st, 2021 at 12:14.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote