View Single Post
Old Jul 29th, 2021, 08:54   #3
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

NOx has direct and indirect effects on human health. It can cause breathing problems that can be fatal, headaches, chronically reduced lung function, eye irritation, loss of appetite and conteibute to prematurely eroded teeth. Indirectly, it can affect humans by damaging the ecosystems they rely on in water and on land—harming animals and plants.

In short its nasty stuff, and anything that reduces these emissions are a very good thing indeed. As it goes EGRs are actually very effective at reducing NOx emissions, and can do so by over 80%.

The reasons its all clagged up is because people insist on using diesels for short journeys, which is highly inappropriate. Thats operator error, not a problem with the design of a fault with the car.

Since 2019 removal or disabling of an EGR is an MOT failure, so I wouldn't boast about the new ticket - if the tester had any means of knowing he would have failed you.

I've had the unenviable experience of giving CPR to a 13 year old girl who was having an asthma attack, one of my neighbours daughters, and despite my best efforts she passed away. Anything that deliberately increases pollution in a manner that is directly injurious to medically vulnerable people goes beyond merely selfish and into the downright nasty. Shame on you.

Last edited by Familyman 90; Jul 29th, 2021 at 09:04.
Familyman 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Familyman 90 For This Useful Post: