View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 19:10   #23
DWeed144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Having access to Solidworks is a luxury - how did you determine the air flow requirements?

Way way back in the day when I was learning about (now really old) FE software the main thing that was taught was to not always believe the number that gets produced. This kind of makes it interesting to learn how you set the flow requirements? Can you also fiddle around with wall roughness in the model or is it not that advanced?
I can imagine that is the case - however it shows graphics of the flow so it's very easy to get a basic understanding of the turbulence and pressure differences using the different colour overlays and squiggly lines! In terms of air flow I seem to remember just looking at it at a variety of pressure differentials from idle to a boost type scenario. It seemed relatively consistent across those changes so I didn't bother going to deep into that. You can factor in roughness, certainly something pretty significant if I were to sand cast it myself!
I am certain I was not using it either to its full potential, or even correctly, but it was still easy to see what changes had what effects and through that optimise the basic design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m3.jpg (70.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpeg m2.jpeg (150.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (63.0 KB, 8 views)
DWeed144 is offline   Reply With Quote