View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 16:00   #12
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I think you are lucky in having a pretty well designed manifold , why not go for twin carbs ? but it you don't explore the range above 4000 rpm where the differences are noticed , its not worth doing anything really ..
Originality. I remember Dai (Classiswede) commenting previously that the manifold was poorly designed, restricted flow and he would like to get a better one made so am keeping an open mind. I was hoping someone may have previously done some modifying and could offer advice. Under 4000rpm is where I want to improve. I'm not chasing max HP, I'm just tinkering to see what works. I'm looking at improvements down in the low to mid torque range. It pulls considerably better than when I first got her and I was so happy on Saturday morning with the test runs with the new carb metering needle and the intake set-up mods. The O2 wideband was showing I hit the numbers I wanted.

I think I've nailed the suspension, geometry and tyres as she drives really nice and could handle plenty more power or feels like she could but I love the charm of the originality of the car but eeking out a bit of extra performance from areas that aren't seen is what I am exploring.