View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 22:09   #516
TomSaintJames

I had a spare hour yesterday when we got home from camping, Steve and the girls were asleep after a tiring few days away so I took full advantage and had a go at the drivers front brake and wheel area. I left it on axle stands since the weekend which makes me slightly uncomfortable, so I was keen to get it back on the wheels.

Job 1 was to remove the cut short wheel studs and pop the new ones in. The ABS tone ring came off of the hub at this point which was convenient, so once the new studs were in I tapped this back onto the rear of the hub - I thought of cutting it off, but was worried about nicking the all of the adjacent metal parts.

New studs, rusty discs!

Remove old threadlock on the frotn caliper mount bolts and apply new ( to the bolt thread ) I was expecting these bolts to be hex headed, but they are female hex headed bolts.

The front calipers don't look too bad, pads have plenty of meat and the piston gaitors are intact, the sliders may well need looking at bu thtat is a job for another day! Today I just wanted to get the new wheel studs in and the drivers wheel on.

Looking smart

The passengers side wheel is nipped on using the shortened studs, but it isn't going anywhere Next, i'll look into sorting the passenger side wheel bolts and get the sliders greased.
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: