View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 11:14   #46
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I updated to iOS Volvo Cars app version 5.0.1 yesterday but didn't get the new interface. I've just closed and restarted the app now (by that I mean swiped up from the very bottom of the screen to access the app switcher and then flicked the app up to cause it to completely close), and this time I had to log in again and way then presented with the new version.

So far it seems like an update in form over function. It may look a little slicker (debatable), but I no longer have the option to remote start the car, only to start the remote climate. Given that remote climate on a B5 simply blows in fresh air at the ambient outside temperature, this isn't worth a lot to me. In addition, there is no info regarding the air cleaning status and no option to clean the cabin air, which I had previously.

I hope the option to remote start the engine comes back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are sneaking this feature away, as it probably not the most environmentally acceptable feature this year.

:wq
After when I pressed climate start app was asking me if i want to start engine too. When pressed yes then engine has been started.

Today in the morning i tried again and app refuse to start engine.

Also when you press and hold on Volvo Cars icon it will pop up window that will allowed you to choose remote start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210615_114137.jpg (97.1 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Chudy85; Jun 15th, 2021 at 11:44.
Chudy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chudy85 For This Useful Post: