View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2021, 23:23   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianski View Post
Just to be clear the fault always appears when the car has been sitting for over a hour , the dashboard warning comes on as soon as I put the ignition on position 2 and before I have started the car . The car runs great once the code has been cleared and no faults appear until the car is restarted later.

Turbo vanes sounds expensive , is there a way I can check with vida if thats the problem ?
I just did a quick google and saw that you can buy turbo cleaner sprays that you spray down the air inlet after the Maf . no idea if it would work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...9ca87025d048e5
have you compared the air pressure from the 2 ( or 3 *) atmospheric air pressure sensors with just the ignition on ? they should all be very close at the barometric pressure where the car is ... in recent years the one in the intercooler outlet pipe can sometimes give a slightly incorrect reading ..

The Atmospheric sensor in the ECM is the most reliable reading to take as true ...

*= some models have a third atmospheric air pressure sensor in the inlet manifold